Get a Plan in Starkville, Columbus, & West Point, MS
Do you or your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of water, food and other essentials in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice per year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form